Fernando Gallardo, an analyst of trends and new concepts in tourism, has been appointed Chairman of the Tourism Committee of the MADFintech cluster (Madrid Capital FinTech).
With more than 42 years of professional practice as a journalist, writer and lecturer, in which he has visited more than 26,500 hotels around the world, Fernando Gallardowill lead the Tourism Committee to address the following eight new challenges in one of the sectors most affected by the pandemic.
- Network of Influence:Generation of a network of influence for tourism companies with the idea of synergetic actions between the new financial technology and tourism sectors.
- Digitalización del sector: Redefinición de productos turísticos para que ninguna empresa turística quede sin digitalizar y, con eso, pueda sobrevivir a la crisis.
- New ways of financing: It helps tourism companies to find new ways of financing through technological financial corporations.
- Training:Instruction through courses, seminars and conferences in new financial technologies for tourism companies.
- Innovation culture: Organisation of face-to-face and virtual events with the aim of experiencing a culture of innovation in hotel financing and adoption of new digital payment methods.
- Madrid Travel Week:Call for a Madrid Travel Week focused on digital finance and tourism
- Tourism technology: Analysis and experimentation of new technological applications, such as blockchain, in the tourism industry.
- Hub Europa-Latam:Creation of a mediation hub between Europe and Latin America for tourism in the entire Spanish-speaking area.
In the opinion of the President of the MADFinTech Tourism Commission, Fernando Gallardo: “It is to be expected that tourism will be a privileged sector for the financial world of these coming times which, thanks to the pandemic, is accelerating its digital transformation. The analogue world will definitely be left behind when this crisis is over, which is why major movements are expected in property assets and in the management of tourist accommodation by important players in the financial, real estate and tourism sectors. We are looking forward to some exciting years, full of opportunities, where everything points to Spain being the new world leader in tourism that will necessarily be more technological, more sustainable and more personalised”.
Fernando Gallardo’s career
Gallardo began his long professional career in 1978 as a contributor to the newspaper Informaciones and participated in the founding of the magazine Viajar. He has been a hotels critic in El País since 1987. Founder and promoter of the brand Hotels with Charm. Founder and CEO of Notodohoteles.com, a pioneering website of hotel recommendations and author of more than 100 publications on hotel management in the publishing house EL PAÍS-Aguilar.
Regular speaker at sectorial congresses in Spain and Latin America, as well as organiser of the Tourism Innovation Conferences and Seminars that are held annually in different cities on both continents.
It is also the creator of the digital collaborative network #RenacerdelTurismo, in which 1,220 businessmen and professionals from this industry currently participate, and which aims to redefine tourism products and destinations in the short, medium and long term.
The MADRID CAPITAL FINTECH (MAD FinTech) cluster is a non-profit association that was created by the impulse of the MADRID CITY COUNCIL, with the leadership of the ECOFIN FORUMthrough its CÍRCULO FINTECHworking group, whose thirty companies become partners founders of the cluster.
MAD FINTECH brings together commercial companies, financial entities, associations, training centers and institutions, both public and private, that carry out activities in the Madrid area with a global vocation and that freely associate to promote the development of the FinTech ecosystem (technology finance) in Madrid and from Madrid in an international projection.
Photo Caption:Fernando Gallardo, right, with MAD FinTEch President Salvador Molina.